Champion Credit Union was chartered by the state of Ohio in 1941. Since that time
Champion Credit Union has grown to include more than 6,300 members and assets of
over 45 million dollars. The credit union began in the shipping room in 1942,
but due to growth, has expanded with three locations to serve members: 4140 West
Laskey Road, 1347 South Detroit Avenue, and 7525 Sylvania Ave. Originally the
credit union was known as Champion Factory Credit Union and most members were
"factory" workers. The name was changed to Champion Employees Credit Union to
encourage membership for all employees. Because the inclusion of different select
employee groups no longer limited membership to Champion Spark Plug employees, the
credit union decided that a name change was appropriate. After considering
different options, the credit union thought that the definition of "champion" as
"superior to all others" characterized the credit union well. The name was changed
to Champion Credit Union, Inc. We are proud to now include over 140 "select groups"
as well as individuals that live, work, worship, or attend school in Lucas County
in our field of membership.
Credit unions exist to provide services and benefits to members, not to make a
profit for outside stockholders. This means that after expenses and required
reserves are met, the earnings of the credit union are returned to members in the
form of dividends. Champion Credit is usually able to offer higher dividend rates
and lower rates on loans and services than other financial institutions. Our
financial return is used for the benefit of the membership. "Not for profit, not
for charity, but for service."
Location & Office Hours
Alliance One no surcharge ATM's
= By accessing links within this
site, members may be leaving the credit union website.